WE ARE VERY EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE…
CEC 1 is partnering with NYCpublic.org for this event. “Parent Engagement Lab” is NYCpublic’s version of the charrette, a design protocol meant to involve multiple stakeholders in idea creation and decision making. It’s an action-packed day of collaborative learning and brainstorming exercises.
Who’s invited: District 1 Parents, Teachers, School Leaders, Community Stakeholders
Who’s inviting: Community Education Council (CEC) 1, which represents community concerns to the Department of Education
Why this is important:
CEC 1 believes that all stakeholders should be full partners when it comes to envisioning a new public school for our community. The Parent Engagement Lab is a carefully structured daylong process that encourages creative, yet thoughtful, input from every community member who participates.
What will I do at the Parent Engagement Lab?
- LEARN more about your district.
- EXPLORE programs and approaches to teaching, learning, and leading schools—some of which may be new to you—directly from teachers, students, and school leaders.
- GENERATE IDEAS in small, facilitated groups.
- CONTRIBUTE those ideas and EXPRESS your views to your community.
Also: You get to use lots of Post-its and scribble with Sharpies. Lunch is on us.
What will happen with the ideas generated at the Parent Engagement Lab?
The CEC will share them with decision makers and other advocates, and ultimately with the team of educators who are charged with creating a vision for moving the school forward. Please note that the CEC does not have final say on what shape the school will take, but if we know your views we can better advocate for them.
How can I help make this a fantastic event?
- Share this information with your friends in District 1, by posting this event page on listservs or Facebook. Blog, or tweet, too.
- Volunteer to help with logistics on the day of the event. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to Lyn Pentecost and the Lower East Side Girls’ Club for hosting us.
SPACE IS LIMITED SO PLEASE RSVP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.