District One needs to stand strong and let SACS, the DoE, and SUNY know that there is no place in D1 for a charter school like Success Academy!
Join us for a public hearing on 1/8!
What can you do to help?
Over the Break:
- Recruit people to attend the public hearing on January 8th.
- Contact the CEC for a sign-up sheet that can be used to organize in your school communities
- Collect contact info for parents and staff that plan to attend, to speak, and make signs/posters.
- If people are interested in making a statement to the press, we can also start organizing and collecting names of people willing to speak to the press
- Think of slogans for posters! Send us your catchy quips by January 5th!
- Distribute hearing notice widely on social media and via email
- Return sign-up sheet with collected contacts
- Distribute hearing notice through back packing in your schools, by tabling, and/or flyering at pick up/drop off
- Help make posters! We will be working in the D1 office at PS 20 Anna Silver from 3:30 – 5pm
- If people are interested in doing a press statement, we can begin to organize and plan to start at 5pm
- Pick up posters or come help make your own at 5pm in the D1 Office
- 5:30 pm is when public speakers need to arrive to sign up. This only goes until 6:15 so make sure you arrive on time!
- Hearing takes place from 6-8pm in the auditorium at PS 20