Capital Plan Meeting
- CEC 1’s December Calendar and Business Meeting will focus on Capital Plan funding and requests – please save the date!
- December 9, 2015, 6:00-8:30 pm, PS 20, 166 Essex St.
- CEC 1 sent a letter to SUNY’s Charter School Committee and elected officials to express concerns and requests related to the public comment process for charter schools. New York City Charter School of the Arts was approved without consideration of the strong opposition voiced by D1 and D2 parents and community members during the October public hearing.
- The CEC also sent SUNY and elected officials a letter about discipline practices at Success Academy Charter Schools. The letter, initiated by CEC 14, asks for a moratorium on new SA charters and for a mandate that charter schools serve the same proportions of high-needs students as neighboring traditional public schools.
- CEC 1 has several times expressed concerns about the Contracts for Excellence process and FY’16 funding allocations. The CEC is still awaiting responses to all of these advocacy efforts.
- District 1’s Pre-K and Kindergarten Fair
(Flyer in Spanish and Mandarin): 12/2/15, 6-8pm, PS 134, 293 E. Broadway
- Citywide Council on Special Education’s Calendar Meeting: “Turning 5: Identifying the Appropriate Placement for Your Child with an IEP“: 12/3/15, 6pm, 560 W. 169th St.
- Public Hearing on the Proposed Consolidation of PS 134 and 137: 12/7/15, 6pm, PS 134, 293 E. Broadway
- CEC 1 Safety/Bullying Committee Meeting: 12/14/15, 6:30pm, PS 20, 166 Essex St.
- PEP Meeting with a vote on the Proposed Consolidation of PS 134 and 137: 12/16/15, 6pm, 225 W. 24th St.
- District Leadership Team meeting: 12/17/15, 10am-12pm, Children’s Workshop School
CEC 1’s Phone
CEC 1’s phone line is not working. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org