Capital Plan & “Reso A” Meeting
- CEC 1’s December Calendar and Business Meeting will focus on Capital Plan and Resolution A funding and requests – please join us! (Agenda).
- December 9, 2015, 6:00-8:30 pm, PS 20, 166 Essex St.
- At the meeting, members of District 1’s SIPP Grant Work Groups will draw names for a raffle. Raffle participants completed a survey at the D1 Pre-K/K Fair on December 2.
- The application period for Kindergarten admissions opens on Monday, December 7.
- From the D1 Kindergarten directory:
- “Admission is not first-come, first-served. All applications received by the deadline [January 15, 2016] are treated the same, based on schools’ admissions priorities.”
- “WAITLISTS: You will automatically be placed on the waitlist for the schools you ranked higher than the school where your child received an offer. For example, if you received a placement offer for the school you listed third on your application, you will automatically be included on the waitlist for your first and second choice schools. These schools will contact waitlisted families directly if they are able to offer them a seat; no additional action is required of families at this point in the placement process. PLEASE NOTE: This waitlist policy is new for District 1 schools in 2016.”
Eco-Schools Grant Opportunity
(Forwarded from National Wildlife Federation NYC Eco-Schools and the NYC Department of Education Sustainability Initiative)
- NYC Eco-Schools’ Cool School Challenge: An Energy-Saving Grant Program for NYC Public Schools (January 2016 to June 2016)
- While world leaders are assembling in Paris to talk about reducing greenhouse gas emissions, you can start saving 2,000 pounds of CO2 in your classroom or tens of thousands of pounds of CO2 schoolwide right now by enrolling in NYC Eco-Schools’ Cool School Challenge!
- NYC Eco-Schools is offering schools $5,000 grants and free energy-saving toolkits! No meter readings required! Schools can choose from two levels of participation: Option A (5 Slots): A School-Wide Challenge for a $5,000 grant and a free energy-saving toolkit or Option B (5 slots): A Classroom Challenge for a free energy-saving toolkit and a free gift at the end of the Challenge.
- Your Challenge must launch in January 2016 and be completed by June 17, 2016. (Grant funds will be awarded in September 2016 and can only be used on school-based energy-saving projects). Register to receive an application or contact email@example.com or (646) 502-7096. Applications are due by December 18, 2015.
- Lower Eastside Girls Club Holiday Gift Fair: 12/5/15, 11 am-5 pm, 402 E. 8th St.
- Public Hearing on the Proposed Consolidation of PS 134 and 137: 12/7/15, 6 pm, PS 134, 293 E. Broadway
- Presidents Council/DPAC (Title 1 District Parent Advisory Council) Meeting: 12/11/15, 9-10:30 am, PS 20, 166 Essex St.
- CEC 1 Safety/Bullying Committee Meeting: 12/14/15, 6:30 pm, PS 20, 166 Essex St.
- PEP Meeting with a vote on the Proposed Consolidation of PS 134 and 137: 12/16/15, 6 pm, 225 W. 24th St.
- District Leadership Team Meeting: 12/17/15, 10 am-12 pm, Children’s Workshop School, 610 E. 12th St.