Spring 2016 Comprehensive Educational Planning Conference
- The DOE will host a citywide Comprehensive Educational Planning Conference from 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. at the Prospect Heights High School Campus (883 Classon Avenue in Brooklyn). During this conference, School Leadership Teams (SLTs) and District Leadership Teams (DLTs) will engage with NYCDOE staff in deeper discussions around furthering equity and excellence in their school communities through comprehensive educational planning that is aligned with the Framework for Great Schools. Specific topics to be covered include: comprehensive educational planning, community engagement, whole-school reform models, and a School Leadership Team Panel Discussion to Promote Equity and Excellence.
- Registration is open, and workshop descriptions are available.
- Questions? Email OSFEP@schools.nyc.gov.
CEC Calendar and Business Meeting
- Join the CEC for Committee and Superintendent Updates at our April meeting. And bring your questions about applying to fill a vacancy on the CEC (see below)!
- Wed. April 13, 6:00 – 8:30pm, 166 Essex St. (PS 20)
- Free childcare and refreshments provided: RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out the resources for SLT members posted on our website.
Vacancy Applications: Deadline
- There are vacancies on CEC1 for a parent member* and for an “ELL Parent”.** If you’re interested, read more information about becoming a council member and complete the application by Wednesday, May 4th.
* the parent of a student who currently attends kindergarten through 8th grade in a school under the jurisdiction of CSD1. “Parent” includes a parent by birth or adoption, step parent or foster parent; legal guardian; or person in parental relation to a child. A person in parental relation to a child is a person who is directly responsible for the care and custody of the child a regular basis in lieu of a parent or legal guardian.
** the parent (see definition above) of a child who either currently is in a bilingual or ESL program or was in such a program within the previous two years.