Parent Survey; Teacher Survey
Our District 1 survey is live. We will be tabling at schools over the next couple of weeks to collect responses. Please take it online or fill out a copy when you can. What have been your experiences this year? What changes would you like to see? Responses are anonymous. (See PDF version for all questions).
Wednesday night: School governance, D1 end-of-year report, SIPP update
On Saturday morning, the Chancellor spoke to the Education Council Consortium (ECC), made up of CEC and Citywide Council members from across the city and responded to a presentation from the Equity & Diversity Working Group.
The Chancellor agreed to attend (or send a representative to) Wednesday night’s meeting to address our ongoing questions regarding the commitment of words but not action with regard to the segregated state of our D1 and city schools.
Join us for this discussion and for:
* The Superintendent’s year-end report and safety & bullying protocols
* School governance: parents’ roles in school decision-making under mayoral control.
* Mayoral control is the school governance system that we have, unlike the elected school boards in most of the country that grant parents decision-making power.
* Wednesday 5/24: CEC1 Calendar meeting
* 6:00 to 8:30pm at PS 20 (166 Essex St.).
* Refreshments and childcare provided. Please RSVP for childcare to email@example.com.
The AA supports the CEC with meetings and parent outreach; shares information with parents, schools, and community members about CEC1 events and education policy issues; assists with CEC1 communication and reports, and more. If you know of someone who has strong administrative skills, comes from an organizing background, and as a passion for education issues, please let them know about the opportunity.
Only application materials submitted through the DoE’s Career Opportunities website will be considered. A link to the DoE job posting will be posted on cecd1.org as soon as it is available.
* CEC Business Meeting (Agenda), 6/7/17, 6:00pm, PS 20 (166 Essex St.)
* CEC Calendar Meeting, 6/21/17, 6:00pm, PS 20 (166 Essex St.)
You must be logged in to post a comment.